Digital Care Management report: Positively impacts members with multimorbidities
Health plans face a tremendous challenge in managing large populations of patients with multimorbidities—or multiple chronic conditions. Addressing multimorbidites requires care coordination, delivery, and management. But you can do so in a way that empowers those patients, improves outcomes, and is cost effective. A Digital Care Management report demonstrates the impact of Wellframe’s solution.
A new research paper in the Journal of Medical Economics (JME) evaluates the impact of Wellframe’s Digital Care Management (DCM) solution on multimorbidity treatment. The article, A pragmatic methodology for the evaluation of digital care management in the context of multimorbidity, presents a methodology for evaluating interventions that is both rigorous and replicable.
This new methodology leverages propensity matching with bootstrapping. Combining these approaches reduces the impact of known evaluation challenges. Challenges include appropriate control selection, small sample sizes, and class imbalances.
The study showed that Wellframe’s DCM solution achieved the following:
- Reduced emergency room utilization by 9%
- Reduced inpatient admissions by 17%
- Increased the utilization of preventive medicine by 29%
- Resulted in $1,923 in medical costs savings per member over the three-month study period — a savings of $641 per member per month
Members who used the Wellframe app averaged 122 touchpoints throughout the 90-day study. Touchpoints include sending in-app messages with a care manager and completing condition-related tasks (surveys, articles, and medication reminders).
Health plans may struggle to understand which metrics best evaluate which services have the greatest member impact. The Digital Care Management report shows how digital interventions can empower health plans to improve member outcomes, at scale.
How Wellframe’s digital health management solution helps health plans achieve measurable success
- Our patented member app and web-based staff dashboard facilitate long-term engagement.
- We support the whole person with more than 70 care and navigation programs.
- Integrations with your digital ecosystem drive efficiency and continuity.
- Our data science and analytics capabilities help you harness your data and quantify success.
- Customer partnership services make change possible and ensure your success through implementation and beyond.